Guilt free burgers
- 200g firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard
- 1-2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Ginger, hot paprika to taste
- 3-4 burger rolls
- Salad, pickles, mustard, ketchup to server
- First, make sure your tofu is well drained and well-pressed.
- Once your tofu is well pressed and drained, gently mash into small crumbles in a large bowl
- Add egg, breadcrumbs and spices, mix well
- Set aside for 30min
- Form the tofu mixture into patties, pressing everything together to form round patties about 2-3cm thick
- Fry patties in oil in a large skillet until golden brown and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burgers to your liking and enjoy!