Creamy and Lovely Marinated Czech Cheese
- 2 round block of Camembert, Brie or Hermelín cheese
- 4-6 bird-eye red chilies
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika powder
- 10 whole pepper kernels
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 150-250 ml olive oil, grape seed oil or sunflower oil
- Slice each cheese in the middle. Slice onion.
- Cover each cheese slice with paprika, garlic and salt. Put the slices back together.
- Put in jar some onion, bay leaf and few peppercorns, then cheese slice and hot pepper. Again onion and repeat layers until the jar is filled up.
- Pour oil in the jar so every ingredient is submerged.
- Close jar and put in fridge at least 5 days
- Pickled cheese is served with bread and cold beer. Nakládaný Hermelín can stay in your fridge for several weeks.