From the Mediterranean with love
- 4 bell peppers
- 100g couscous
- 150g feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chili – chopped
- few sun-dried tomatoes
- few olives (black or green)
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- Brush the peppers with a little olive oil. Place on a baking sheet or roasting tray cut side down and grill under a medium heat for 5 min. Turn and grill for a further 5 min or until the peppers are tender but not collapsed.
- For each cup of dry couscous, use 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to boil in saucepan. Add 1/2 tsp. salt to the water and a little olive oil or butter if desired, to add moisture. Pour 1 cup couscous into boiling water, stir once with a spoon, cover with a lid, and remove from heat.
- Add chopped olives, chili, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the couscous and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling and drizzle the tops with olive oil. Put the peppers in an 8 by 8-inch square baking dish. Fill the baking dish with 3/4-inch vegetable stock and bake until the filling is golden and the peppers are cooked through, about 55 to 60 minutes (200°C).